Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Blockin' the Suburbs

This is what you think it is...

I gave myself permission to not clean up the downstairs until I was completely done knitting this morning. I finished the collar and wove in most of the ends this morning (making me officially done knitting the sweater *FINALLY*), then decided that I would just go ahead and get the blocking started so that I will be able to concentrate on cleaning all day, then by this evening it should be done and ready to be sewn. Blocking is sort of new to me, I usually get my warshrags wet and set a book on them to block them. I usually don't do it because I make small stuff and I never thought that I needed to. Then I read this post on See Eunny Knit. She convinced me that I should be doing this. Plus, this sweater is my biggest project (besides the big bad baby blanket) and it needs to fit, so it should be blocked. I need to finish cleaning and folding laundry and all the little things before I get company or another kid gets sick. Ta ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laundry is for losers who don't have enough money to just go out and buy new stuff! I love the sweater, I also love my little kids and their good mommas. OH and the guy who won't do laundry!