Friday, January 26, 2007

As Promised....

Here is the recap of the blog that never was:




So sorry about the terrible picture, but I couldn't seem to get a good focus on it. Believe it or not, this is the best picture that I took. This is the birthday sweater that I am planning to knit, though my gauge is off (big surprise there) and I am going to have to adjust the entire pattern to make it work. The other bad news? Well, the intended pattern is written for a baby 6-9 months only. Our Mimi is small, but that small? Do I really want to spend hours and hours knitting a sweater that may or may not last a month? I. Love. This. Sweater. Love it, I tell you. I could do one of two things here...I could knit it at the gauge that the pattern calls for, adjusting and fixing things, or I could try my luck knitting it on the gauge that I am getting and see how big it turns out. Cast your votes, because I don't know which way to turn. The logical answer would be to knit it properly, but when have I ever done anything properly, or logically for that matter? Or maybe choose a pattern that would be sure to fit. All this indecision is giving me a head ache.



I finished up some "warshrags" from Mason-Dixon Knitting for our awesome new neighbors as a welcome to the neighborhood, glad we're neighbors gift. The round one knit as written is so wrong it should be a crime. Wrong, wrong wrong for all kinds of reasons... see for yourself:


It is so ugly that they may think that we are somehow offended by their moving in next door. I was a little hesitant to give it to such nice people, but I figured that they would most likely clean the toilet with it (which as ugly as it is, it sort of deserves it) and I could have frogged the whole thing right then and there, but in a way, it sort of shows my vulnerability and lack of judgement. This may come in handy when I need them. They'll say "Well, she really is a pain, but remember that warshrag she gave us? How can we refuse such a helpless lass?" But it does look like it should be draped over some crazy cat lady's couch huh?




This one is my own creation from the log-cabin technique, and it is as inoffensive as it was easy.



Finally, this one is just easy and makes me look like I really spent some time on it. The only reason it took me so long is that I was doing about a row a day for a while.

*All warshrags were done in Sugar and Cream worsted cotton. About a dollar a skein, cheap and functional...how can you go wrong? Well, you saw how I went wrong, but pretend that you didn't.

Pilates is the devil, and I am dieing of it. If it weren't for my neighbor going with me, I might give up. I look as ridiculous as I feel flopping around on the mat while trying to do things like downward facing dog plank and the mermaid, but something must be working, because I hurt like crazy. It is good, my muscles need some attention and the stretching feels so good that it makes it all worth it. So far, my best pose is child's pose, where you curl into a fetal position, and bury your face into the mat...wonder why I am so good at that...warm happy place, warm happy place...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the washrags, and I adore the sweater. Go to a knitting shop and ask the experts how to size it! I miss you!