Saturday, January 27, 2007

Another Grey Weekend




Finally, a use for all that acrylic worsted weight yarn that I have stashed all over the place. A ball for my friend's cats. It ain't pretty, but it sure is easy and it knits up in about twenty minutes, no kidding. I'm planning on running to Pet Smart and grabbing some catnip to put inside. Since I don't have cats, (our own allergic child) I always thought that the effects of cat-nip were a wives tale, but according to real cat owners, they love it. Sounds like a good idea to me. I went to Border's yesterday and found a huge book called Now You're Knitting, on the bargain book rack. It was mostly stuff that I already know, and patterns that I won't ever knit, but it did have a stitch dictionary, and some cute patterns, (including the ball) and when I got home and started thumbing through it, I found that it has a gauge guide and needle guide. I almost bought one of those last year from Herrshener's, but didn't want to pay the shipping. So, with the cat ball and the gauge guide, it has pretty much paid for itself. (all $9.00)


Since no one voted on the sweater dilemma, I am going to go unguided and knit it in the yarn and adjust for gauge. It may be a bit of an adventure, and it probably isn't wise, but I am sure that it will be worth it in the end. Even if it doesn't work, I will learn something.


Check this out:
Our Amaryllis bloomed last night. It is so beautiful and brings some spring to the house. We have lived in Colorado for six weeks now, and it has snowed every weekend. I am getting cabin fever, I just want to be outside in the sun. I realize that there has been a terrible drought for the last seven years (since I first moved to New Mexico in fact) and all this snow is really going to be good for the summer and for fires and alleviating the drought, so I will just request one sunny weekend. Then bring on the flurries!

No comments: