Thursday, April 26, 2007

The world's most helpful children...

Look at what Mimi was up to this morning:


Cleaning out her daddy's fly-tying cabinet. She looks positively guilty, no? And like any good mom, I ran and grabbed the camera before I reprimanded her. She doesn't really care if I reprimand her anyway. She continued to crawl back to his cabinet no less than ten times before I finally moved her upstairs.

That is when I noticed that JackJack had been using her head as his own personal canvas. I honestly don't know which I find more disconcerting, how close he came to her eye with a sharp object or the fact that she held still and let him draw all over her face. Either way, they are both naughty...



A little math lesson: 30+30+30 does NOT equal 60. If you reduce by 2, it is 88, not 58. It looks like I can't knit a sock to save my life! I got a good way down the leg of a new basic sock and I kept saying to myself "this seems really big, I can't understand why it looks so big." **Note to me: When I say it looks big every row for fifty rows, it IS too big, in the future, stop knitting BEFORE you have to pull out a days progress. How many times have I done that? Don't answer that.** Katja has been reduced to Monday night 24 knitting, seeing how it is so stinking cold that I have no desire to knit anything sleeveless. I've been working and reworking socks while I read Harry Potter #4 and camp out on the chair with my leg elevated.



I have been layed up with a bum ankle for the past few days, and mind you, when I put my foot up on Tuesday night, the house was pretty darn clean. I have alternated hobbling around wafting a trail of IcyHot behind me and icing my ankle with a bag of frozen peas while knitting and reading. My kids have been running wild like feral monkeys.


See??


He looks positively tuckered out doesn't he?

It takes a lot of energy to do this to a perfectly spotless toy room...


Oh well, back to the peas...I'll take care of that later.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did this show up on the right day? :)