Thursday, April 12, 2007

Steppin'Out


Here we see miss Mimi doing her signature one step wonder. She has made as many as three steps in a row, but she is still working on it. She is taking her dogs (or are they sheep??) for a walk. Notice the pink high heel at her feet? She is determined to wear those little shoes and it is a source of frustration and joy for her each time she gets them on. She will work for half an hour to get them both on and then she will try to stand in them, only to have them fall off the second that she moves her foot. She is ambitious though, I'll give her that. I've been walking with some success for over thirty years and I still can't walk in heels!


And here she is helping make dinner. She did that all her self, clever girl.

Here is Jack Jack showing his excellent sense of style, he dressed himself, see? What is it with the footwear in this family?? This photo is the stuff that high school blackmail is made of...And just to show that all my kids are as cute as I think they are, here is B making his "crazy-tasty" face. He poses for the camera, so I have to act like I'm not taking his picture to get a natural shot:

He is such a great looking kid, check out those eyelashes! Of course, he had his mouth full in this picture, but it doesn't take away from his cuteness.

In knitting news, I started Katja from last springs Knitty for Mimi. I have some Red Heart laying around, and I figured that if I couldn't make my socks work, it would be less painful to just work on something small and less complicated. I know that I was crying about not wanting to use cheap yarn, but since it is all I have, and there is a certain amount of pain involved in watching a crawling baby drag her cotton/merino sweater all over every floor and having to hand wash scarves and hats that have been made for the boys, I just sucked it up and cast on. I made Katja last summer when Mimi was a wee little bit who had no control over her neck muscles and I just didn't like the way it was on an infant. I decided to make some alterations, namely making it longer and attaching the straps to the back so not to make it a halter top, and I am definitely layering it over a tee-shirt. It is so cute on the pattern, I think that it may work better this time around...

It is snowing again, and I refuse to get freaked out about this. What can I do? Knit and read, that is what. One thing about this weather is that it makes me want to hold wool and get all snugly with books. Yup, looking on the bright side...definitely not freaking out....

No comments: