Friday, March 2, 2007

slipper-sliding away

Do these shoes make my feet look big??


For perspective, check out my toes in the edge of the photo...





And here they are all felted and ready to go, except that they're wet.
I am mostly happy with the slippers (not clogs) other than I used my super energy efficient front loader washing machine and it took me a long, long time to felt them. Like over an hour. That is a long time compared to the 20-30 minutes that it used to take me in a top loader. They feel big still, but I don't think they are too big. Maybe they need some nice warm wool socks to wear inside them...
Stats: Fiber Trends Felted Slippers, knit on 13's in 3 skeins of Cascade 220
B was so impressed that he asked me to make him a pair, so today I ran to the yarn shop to get soles for the ones I just finished (and they were out, waaa) and picked out some lovely green and black Cascade 220, I'll start those this evening. I also got a little loose with the plastic and picked up three balls of Cascade Fixation. I can't wait to make a pair of socks with it. It is pretty cool stuff, and should make some great socks. I just need to decide who is deserving of a new pair. Me, maybe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely slippers or clogs.... I need to get knitting. I made a scarf for my co-worker, but that's the extent of my skills! I am feeling inspired, well, it just left me!! Maybe as I read more of your blogs
Hugs,
S