Friday, September 7, 2007

in which I am humbled by someone great

This morning, as I was running, I was mentally blogging about how hard it is to run with a jogging stroller and how Jackson talks to me the whole time, making it hard to keep my music going because I can't hear, and how I can't talk to him and run at the same time because it uses too much oxygen etc. I had my whole list of complaints about how hard it is on this mom to get out and run when I would much rather be eating and watching tv, but good for me that I do it because it always does make me feel better blah blah blah.
Then, I remembered this video that a friend sent a few months ago, which was really moving and everything, but I didn't run then, so I couldn't possibly appreciate how moving it really is. He runs and swims and bikes and parents and doesn't even complain about it., he actually enjoys it. I run/walk 2 miles a day people, a mere warm-up for these guys. Check it out, after you grab your box of Kleenex, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gm7XwtIJdM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the story of the father and the son. I saw it on Inside Sports on HBO and cried then and then cried now. Thanks for sharing it.... hugs, shell