Saturday, September 22, 2007

goal and rest

Today is the last day of summer...and...Well, I am so happy that I can hardly contain myself. I actually met a goal today, and then went above and beyond the said goal. I ran a mile, then another and finally a third, and for good measure, I ran another quarter of a mile. That makes my three miles by the end of summer officially met. Isn't that exciting? Now, I need a new goal, any suggestions?

In knitting news, I have been working on the angels rest sock here and there, but I am waiting for a certain pattern to come out to knit for a friend. I am a bit preoccupied with finding just the right wool for that certain pattern which will remain nameless, because in case she checks in, I don't want to spoil a surprise...now everyone is going to be expecting a knitted surprise, and thinking that it is for them. I'll tell you that it is for a friend who depends solely on public transportation. There, if you thought it was you, and you don't ride a train to work and the grocery store, you were wrong. Sorry, you'll have to wait your turn. Anyway, back to angels rest, I have been plugging away somewhat inconsistently since the beginning of time, but I am actually using the entire swim team hour to work on it. And by George if it isn't growing. I should be done with it by the end time if I keep up the hard work. Part of the reason that I am so bad about working on them is that they are for me, and I obviously don't need any socks at this moment, if I were in dire need of socks, it might put a fire under my feet. The other thing is that I really don't enjoy knitting lace that much. They will be beautiful when they are done though, maybe I'll wrap them up as a Christmas gift to myself, if they're done, that is!

We (the progeny and myself) went to a garage sale down the street this morning. I am a garage sale junkie, and would waste all my money on other people's crap if J would let me, but I have not been to any lately. Anyway, I got Mimi the cutest little dress up outfit, and a Robin Hood hat for Jack that is actually from the real Nottingham. Only, I can't take any pictures because my camera is on the Arkansas river today. J has definitely earned a few fishing days, in between the Bose speaker and working his tail off in the office, going in at 6:00am on your day off qualifies you to take a day to your self.

I have been reading some of the "classics" lately, and I have to say that I think I am enjoying them more now than I did in college. I am not sure that I really read as thoroughly as I was assigned to. Many great books were merely skimmed to get through them. I finished Pride and Prejudice the other day. What a great book! I started Emma yesterday, and next in the queue is a re-read of Moby Dick. I am having fun reading them and then discussing them with my literature buff friends. Ahh, nothing to make me feel so smart as to have some scholarly discourse about a classical text...I feel smarter just saying it, now where are my schoolgirl glasses to complete the illusion...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just a runnin fool! I am proud of you and jealous too cause I can't even run to the car, or run to the end of the sidewalk. I actually hate running, it jars my noggin. I do love knitting though.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.