Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home at Last




While we are in no way as cool as Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, we are in fact (almost) home. We are taking the plunge and becoming first time home owners. Even though we have lived in this house for over a year before finally committing to homeownership, we are still as excited as we can be. We moved in last April with the desire, but not the means to buy. Now, thanks to government incentives and things falling nicely into place, we are under contract and it looks like we'll be closing sometime in May. Yikes, and yippy! I have been thinking about all the things that I can do the minute I sign the paperwork, but just being the owner of a home will be enough at first...except for cutting down a massive tree that is about a foot from my roof.

Knitting is dismal, but that is because I am simply the most lazy knitter known to the craft. I haven't really worked on anything lately. I did print out a pattern for a shrug that I will be working on, mainly so I can wear my shoulder baring dresses without freezing, so not out of love of knitting. It never seems quite warm enough in Colorado to go completely sleeveless for more than a few days a year, but I do have some cute dresses that I still try to wear. The one that caught my eye is the Simple Stockinette Shrug by Daniela Meier. I like the 3/4 sleeves, and the open front. I am thinking that some nice cotton blend or something in a soft and squishy cashmere would be great, I am looking forward to starting it soon. I'd like to have it ready by next book club where we are having an English tea for Persuasion. But you know me, I rarely get past the excitement phase of most projects, and when I do actually get something done, I usually don't have a camera on hand to show off.

No comments: