Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little bitter, a little sweet

It is hard to put into words what it is like to hand your little child off to the big world of public education, but I did it again yesterday. Sigh, life keeps on going at mach speed. Next week, Mimi meets her teacher, then starts preschool the following week. I see driving, college, marriage and children for them looming on the horizon. Strangely enough, I still see myself as 15, if only I had the energy and the abs that I did back then...

1 comment:

Eri Stanton said...

That is a sweet picture of Jack. I know what you mean about seeing yourself as 15... I feel that way sometimes yet before I know it my kids will be 15 and then off to college and then married with kids... Life often moves too fast. (But not fast enough when your child is going through the terrible age of 2!)