Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?

(I'm not talking about the quality of the photo, that is obviously wrong, but my camera simply refuses to focus anymore, and until I can afford a new one, I'll just have crappy pictures.)

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong,. I have picked up these hundred stitches time and again, and when I get to the last step, where I begin knitting in the round, it all turns out like a jumbled mess. I went to the website to see if there were mistakes in the pattern, and there aren't. What! Am! I! Doing! Wrong!? I've never made a nonibag, but the pattern seems straight forward, simple even. So why is it giving me such a hard time?
I sent the mittens to the windy city today. I thought priority post was in order, and so paid $4.60 (yes, you read right, four dollars and sixty cents to send a pair of mittens that probably weigh an ounce a piece!) and sent them off. Then found out that it is 65 degrees in Chicago today. Uh, yeah, I wouldn't exactly call that a cold snap, and there was no reason to spend that kind of money. But maybe it will cool off and there will be a need for mittens in Chi-town again some day. By the way, I used the House Mittens pattern from Charmed knits, done in large, and used Lion Brand Wool-ease. I may get made fun of here, but I really love that wool-ease! It is so cheap, and it knits up beautifully. I lika-da woolease....

Time to go show that noni bag who is boss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your entries always! I am determined to finish my four projects I have on the needles...cause there are at least four more I am holding back on simply because I refuse to start another until at least one is done!