Monday, June 11, 2007

Ok. I have been away too long, and now I don't know how to get back to where I was. Recap: Jackson's arm is healing well, he has a cast on now, and he is doing fine with it. He will wear it for two weeks, and then have more x-rays to see how it is doing. B is busy in summer school for two more weeks, and then he will be done for the summer, and it's a good thing too, because we sold our van and we are down to one car, (which means we are also down to no car payments hooray!) and so J has to find alternative transportation until I don't need the car everyday. He is riding the bus now and it is lucky that we have a bus stop near our house so he can walk to it. Mimi is walking up a storm now, and she gets more daring with every step. She even tries to walk down the stairs. Scary...


Knitting news is dismal at best. I have about three inches of one sock and it doesn't look like I'll be making much progress, because I can't do anything else while I am knitting it. I make tons of mistakes if the sock doesn't have my undivided attention...no easy feat (no pun intended haha) with three kids. They may be done when the kids leave for college. I need endless expanses of stockinette stitch so that I can mindlessly knit away. The angel rest sock doesn't fit the bill, but I LOVE the pattern, so I may carry on anyway. It just might take a while. The other problem that I am having with these socks is that I am missing one needle of my size twos. A few weeks ago while I was knitting the HP4/5 socks, I only used four of my five needles and said to myself "I should put that other needle somewhere where I won't lose it." Well, stupidity prevails and I didn't put it away, so guess what? I can't find it. But I did find a spare needle from a mismatched set and used it, and it is about two inches longer than the others and it is made from this really awful feeling aluminum. It drains a lot of the pleasure of making these socks. Someday I will learn the double circular method, or even better, the magic loop, then I will be able to find all my needles when I need them!


We went to Springer and visited the in-laws (including my sister-in-law and nephew from VA) for the weekend and it was great fun, except for the miserable hail storm that wiped out all my mother-in-law's flowers. But check out the clouds that were hanging over head that morning:

Aren't they amazing? If it weren't for my fear of lightening, I might have stood out there and watched them longer.
I know that this isn't a marathon blog, but I have to tell you that I have continued running and I am enjoying it more each day. My goal for the end of the summer is three miles. What do you think? Can I do it?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are great clouds! I'll have to share some photos we took of a tornado coming in. It was awesome.
Matt, took the boys to his Grandma's family reunion south of here last week when the weather was so crazy and he saw lightning strike right next to the van as they were driving. It was raining so hard that it just put the flames right out. You wouldn't EVER want to be here in a lightning storm!
Darcy